Website localisation is about much more than just translation
We supply website localisation services for businesses of all sizes wanting to expand their reach in to another country or region. We have spent the last 14 years designing, building and serving multilingual websites for some of the biggest brands on the web, including: Yahoo!, Flickr, Greece (yes, the country), Ben & Jerry’s, Swatch and many more.
During this time we have gained invaluable experience regarding the challenges faced by businesses localising a website and launching in a new market. We’re here to help you deliver a consistent user experience in every language and ensure your local products are successful.
“90% of EU internet users prefer websites in their own language” – The European Commission
Website localisation is not simply the translation of copy and text elements. Copy is just one part of the localisation puzzle. All measurements, pricing, photography and colours need to be adapted and considered to work well for your chosen target market.
We go through numerous processes to localise a website:
- Research of the product and the local market
- Translating the bulk of the product copy and interface
- Ensure translated and localised copy is clear and easily understood – Translations must not offend or upset any cultural icons or traditions.
- Translated copy reads with the same tone as the original
- Localising all dates, currency and measurements
- Photography is culturally aware
- Iconography is understandable
- Making sure all images and diagram assists are localised
Website localisation is about communicating the translated message in a clear and concise manner that empowers the local user and builds a rapport with them and the products & services offered.